Non-Executive Directors play a leading role in setting the Trust’s strategic direction, improving Trust performance, promoting the highest standards of probity and governance and supporting the delivery of the trusts strategic aims. In order to be considered as a non-executive director, candidates must live in the trusts constituency. We look for candidates that have:
- A strong commitment to the NHS and interest in healthcare issues, both local and national, and mindful of the NHS Constitution
- A strong commitment to corporate governance and public service values as enshrined by the Nolan principles.
- Developed inter-personal and communication skills to be able to quickly establish relationships and the confidence of the Trust’s many stakeholders
- Experience / understanding of how to achieve positive change by building high performance cultures to deliver efficient and effective outputs
- Well-developed political acumen
- The ability to challenge and hold to account.
- The full range of candidates’ achievements and experience will be taken into account, to ensure the best balance of knowledge and skills within the Board.
Further information on our current non-executive directors can be found here. If you’re interested in this role please take a look our current vacancies or contact the recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org.