ENGINEERING OPPORTUNITIES - JOIN US
Do you seek a career with diversity, variety, one with a team focused ethos with the ability to enable change to people’s lives?
Due to substantial government funding being granted to develop the Trust’s estate, a number of appealing opportunities have arisen within the Estates Department to support the Capital projects team in delivery of Capital, Backlog Maintenance and Critical Infrastructure Tasks. These exciting roles provide the opportunity to work in a very diverse environment using highly specialised equipment unique to healthcare and promise a rewarding engineering career in a setting which is often overlooked by many.
No two days will be alike when you work within an Acute Hospital setting; the diverse nature of the work could see you traverse the corridors of the hospital moving between Plant Rooms that serve the Operating Theatres, numerous Mechanical Plants and Medical Gas systems, not forgetting the Boiler House, the Emergency Standby Generators and also the Wards to name but a few.
As an NHS Engineer you need to have a multi-skilled tool bag that contains softer personal skills too, the ability to work with people at all levels, the ability to communicate whilst not losing sight of the fact that patient care is at the centre of everything we do.
Your professional development and career progression is also important and there are various ways to continuously develop and further your career within the NHS.
Those already working here admit that a major advantage is the great work life balance, the teamwork and the ability to make a difference… Working locally and being at home at the end of the working day is a huge selling point, many of our employees have endured the long distance travel involved with other jobs which can eventually take its toll.
What can we offer?
- Excellent Career Progression Opportunities
- Develop your skills / knowledge in a very diverse environment
- Work life balance – no long distance travel
- Company Pension
- Excellent Annual Leave Entitlement
- NHS Staff benefits
What do you need?
- Excellent proven working knowledge of mechanical / electrical systems/ buildings
- Adaptable skills with relevant personal and role specific academic qualifications, where appropriate
- Hands-on problem solver with the ability to think on your feet
- People skills – you will often be working in a Ward setting amongst patients
- Experience of delivering (B/E/M) technical and project advice
- Knowledge of relevant HTMs
Selection of Current Vacancies based at Grimsby and Scunthorpe:
- Senior Technical Manager -Buildings. Fixed Term 2 years
- Senior Technical Manager – Electrical. Fixed Term 2 years
- Senior Technical Manager – Mechanical. Fixed Term 2 years
- Capital Project Manager – Permanent
- Fire Officer – Projects – Permanent (coming soon)
If you’d like to know a little more, please contact:
Seonaid Doughty – Recruitment Specialist Seonaid.Doughty@nhs.net
The North Lincolnshire district is a mixed industrial and rural community. In addition to the main centres of Grimsby and Scunthorpe the area has many picturesque market towns and villages, including Brigg and Barton which are small market towns concerned with light industries and agriculture. The remaining population is in a mainly farming rural area which extends into the attractive Ancholme Valley and the gently sloping hills of the Lincolnshire Wolds, which have been designated as an area of outstanding natural beauty, with extensive beaches along the coastal strip. These make North Lincolnshire the ideal destination for walkers and cyclists.
Educational facilities in Grimsby, Scunthorpe and Goole, and the surrounding area of Lincolnshire, are of a high standard. The house prices in the area are amongst the lowest in the UK. There is a wealth of cultural and sporting activities in the district suitable for most needs. This includes a marina at South Ferriby for sailing in the Humber Estuary, and a number of well-regarded golf clubs.
More information is available from the following websites:
Grimsby and the Surrounding area
Scunthorpe and the Surrounding Area
Goole and the Surrounding Area